Customer Experience and Retention Leader
Trupanion Australia provides pet medical insurance nationally, with a rapidly growing footprint in Port Macquarie and around Australia. We want you to be part of our success.
Based in Port Macquarie NSW the role of Retention and Customer Experience Leader is working to find solutions to help Trupanion customers understand what value a Trupanion policy offers them and their pet. Day to day is spent creating initiatives (projects and big initiatives) that will educate our current and future customers on what pet insurance is and how they can utilize their policy so they keep their pets protected. It will also include addressing individual customer questions and concerns via answering inbound customer emails.
Note: This is not a contact center customer service role (we have a 24/7 contact center already).
Trupanion is a leading global provider of pet medical insurance for cats and dogs, first launching in Canada two decades ago. Our mission in Australia is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Currently, we are a rapidly growing nimble team working alongside a large successful supportive international team breaking new ground here with our national B2B base. The sky is the limit because there are no limits for your career with Trupanion, just like our coverage for pets.
In this new era, you know the pet is a much-loved family member and deserving of the best medical care that vet teams are trained and ready to give.
- Own the customer (member) experience from end to end
- Initiate and co-ordinate projects that improve member experience and retention
- Report to management and the whole Team about how we are performing with our member experience
- View member experience from a macro and micro viewpoint, advocating for improvements at each touchpoint of their journey with us
- Co-ordinate escalated concerns and solve member issues as needed from our contact center
- Minimum 2 years of successfully managing customer experience programs not necessarily in the insurance or veterinary field.
- Strong interpersonal skills and friendly optimistic mindset.
- Ability to deal with both the micro and macro aspects of retention (customer success)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, SharePoint, and Dynamics CRM
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Emotional intelligence and resilience
- Ability to clearly define what the problem is, generate a plan for how to solve the problem, and then implement it
- Internally inspired to get great outcomes, to create and provide the best service.
- Remain calm and poised under pressure while maintaining focus on what’s best for the individual customer
- Ability to learn quickly in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
- Background in the veterinary or insurance fields valued
- You’ll have a passion for improving customer outcomes, and be creative enough to see and complete this vision from a marketing perspective
- Love structure whilst knowing you can get even better outcomes for customers when you create new processes and experiences
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and dynamic team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
Come join us to truly save lives and help us make the world a better place for pets, their families and the veterinary teams who devote their lives to them.
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]