Sales and Business Partner
Trupanion is looking for a motivated sales professional to join our pet loving Team.
Trupanion is a leading global provider of pet medical insurance for cats and dogs, first launching in Canada two decades ago. Our mission in Australia is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Currently we are a small nimble team working alongside a large successful supportive international team breaking new ground here with our national B2B base. The sky is the limit because there are no limits for your career with Trupanion, just like our coverage for pets. With your proven B2B sales skills you will build relationships with veterinary teams. In this new era you know the pet is a much loved family member and deserving of the best medical care that vet teams are trained and ready to give.
Based out of our Port Macquarie office, this is a phone-heavy role and the right candidate must be confident in making and taking 20-30 phone calls a day. The role will be working directly with veterinary hospitals to generate interest in Trupanion and educate veterinary professionals on why medical insurance for dogs and cats is exceptionally valuable.
- Connect with key players in veterinary hospitals on a regular cadence
- Train partnered veterinary hospitals on various key processes
- Liaise with Trupanion Territory Partners to communicate about assigned partner relationships
- Achieve monthly and quarterly goals
- Success explaining and discussing the value of products or services to external clients, with preference to a business to business approach and experience
- Experience working within veterinary hospitals or veterinary industry will be valued
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, to include fluency with Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint, OneNote, OneDrive with preferred exposure to Dynamics CRM, SharePoint.Skills
Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical skills and the ability to communicate to potential and current business partners
- Ability to establish relationships quickly and maintain long term sustainable relationships
- Strong phone presence
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to learn quickly in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
- Friendly positive mindset
- Sociable; enjoys interacting with others and developing a strong network
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and dynamic team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking.
We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
Come join us to truly save lives and help us make the world a better place for pets, their families and the veterinary teams who devote their lives to them.